In this section of our website you will find helpful information on living with TempleTown Realty.
Helpful Tips on Being a Good Neighbor:
Trash and Recycling:
- Trash and Recycling are pick-up on Monday mornings.
- Trash must be bagged and placed on the curb between Sunday at 7pm and Monday at 7am. The city will issue fines up to $300 for putting trash out too early or too late.
- It is Philadelphia Law that you MUST recycle. The city will issue fines up to $300 for mixing recyclables with regular trash.
- If you do not have a blue recycling bin, you can use any other plastic container as long as it is clearly labeled “recycling”
- All recyclables (paper, plastic, cans and glass) can be put in the same container.
- For more info on recycling, please visit http://www.phillyrecyclingpays.com/
- Residential Quiet Hours are Sunday through Thursday from 9pm to 7am and Friday through Saturday from 11pm to 7am.
- Follow legal guidelines regarding alcohol use and BE SAFE regarding alcohol use.
- Do not allow or encourage public urination.
- Remember that you are responsible for yourself AND your guests.
We urge all students living on- and off-campus to be mindful and respectful of the community when hosting parties. When there are complains of noise/parties/disorderly conduct:
- Students may be brought to the University Disciplinary Committee and may face probation, suspension, or even expulsion from the University regardless of whether the incident happened on- or off-campus.
- As per your Lease Agreement, TempleTown Realty may charge your house with Lease Violation fees. Repeat violations may lead to eviction.
- Police enforcement may be tied up from focusing on more important issues such as the safety of our community.
Remember the Golden Rule:
- Treat your neighbor the way you would like your neighbor to treat you.
Ten ways to be a good neighbor from Campus Safety Services
- Say hello to your neighbor.
- Put trash out on time and bring your trash barrel in on time.
- Keep the outside of your house neat and clean.
- Be mindful of parking issues on your block.
- Observe quite hours.
- Be respectful of neighbors when playing music.
- Respect your neighbors’ property.
- Let neighbors know about parties or other gatherings in advance.
- Be a “blockster” — have your neighbors back so they have yours!
- Be responsible, safe and of legal age when drinking.
Did you know that Temple University has a Good Neighbor Policy? The Good Neighbor Policy encourages students to take an active role in being positive members of the Philadelphia neighborhood where they live and outlines what the City of Philadelphia and Temple University expects from students living in Philadelphia neighborhoods. Read more on Temple’s Good Neighbor Policy.
If you have any additional questions about off campus housing, contact TempleTown Realty at 215-232-3707 or email@example.com.
TempleTown Realty is a leading provider of off campus student housing in the Temple University area. TempleTown Realty is a private housing provider. We have no direct affiliation with Temple University.
The City of Philadelphia’s “Partners for Good Housing” outlines the responsibilities of owners, tenants, and landlords for maintaining houses and apartments in a safe and clean condition.
To download the information, click here
Trash and Recycling pick up day is Monday mornings.
For Houses: If you live in a house, you are limited to a maximum of four 32‐gallon containers or eight 32‐gallon trash bags. The resident is responsible for providing the collection containers; there are no City provided containers. Trash can be put out on the curb as early at 7pm on Sunday. Trash cannot be stored in the front of house, it must be stored in the back of the house.
For the 1400 Block of W. Diamond Street: If you live on the 1400 Block of W. Diamond Street, you can put properly bagged trash in the alleyway between 1428 and 1430 W. Diamond Street at anytime. TempleTown maintenance staff sets out trash on the curb on Monday mornings for pick up.
For The Antoinette: If you live at The Antoinette, you can put properly bagged trash and recycling in the dumpster at the rear of the building. Use the rear building exit for access to the dumpster.
For The Modules: If you live at The Modules, you can put properly bagged trash and recycling down the trash chutes in the trash rooms of the building. The trash room is located behind the elevator on each floor. Please do not put over-sized items or whole boxes down the chute as it will cause the trash chute to clog.
For all other apartments: Depending on your building, trash must be stored either at the rear of the building or within your apartment until trash day. Trash cannot be stored in the front of the building. Please check with the office for more information.
Please note that the City of Philadelphia will issue your property a Trash Violation if you do not follow trash rules. The most common Trash Violations are for not properly bagging trash, setting out trash on a non pick-up day, and not separating trash from recyclables.
For more information on City of Philadelphia Trash & Recycling rules, please visit the Philadelphia Streets Department website.
You can view the Certificate of Rental Suitability for your property online on Equinox Resident Portal under “Documents”. You may also email the office for a copy.